As with every smoothie, you can start with just 2 ingredients (banana and dates) and take it to another level by adding more deliciousness. In this recipe, we’ll be doing the chocolate version my daughter drinks almost every day. You can add as many ingredients from the list below or as little, whatever you have on hand and you feel like works for you.
- a handful of greens (optional, I always try to add at least some greens to the smoothie)
- 2 frozen bananas (you can use ripe fresh banana as well)
- 3 dates
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or some vanilla beans
- 2 cups of plant milk (less or more, depending on the consistency you like)
- optionally, you can add some mango and/or half avocado (test different mixes to see what’s your favorite flavour)
Blend all until smooth and serve!