Featuring tomatoes, cucumbers, and a surprise ingredient, this refreshing Spanish cold tomato soup is easy to make and naturally vegan. You’ll want to keep a batch in the refrigerator to enjoy all summer long.
- green bell pepper
- 4-5 roma tomatoes
- 2 sundired tomatoes in oil (I dont add oil other than what comes with the sundried tomatoes)
- 1 cucumber (half pilled, half with skin on-for health and better digestion)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 onion
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of salt
Optionally, you can add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and a handful of a baguette or bread (I skip these).
- If you are adding the bread, soak it in a bowl of water for a few minutes until it’s soft. Then rinse it off.
- Add the bread and the rest of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Process until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary. Transfer the soup to a container. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve individual portions topped with diced cucumber and bell pepper, or any of your favorite toppings, if desired.