This healthier 7 layer Mexican bean dip is vegetarian, vegan, and perfect for parties.
- 1 (16 oz.) can fat free refried beans
- 1 cup guacamole *see note
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and diced for garnish
- 1 bag favorite tortilla chips
- Spread beans on the bottom of a serving bowl or dish. Spread guacamole over the beans. Top guacamole with lettuce, then diced bell peppers, then pico de gallo. Sprinkle olives and sliced green onions over the top. Garnish with diced avocado. This dip is best served at room temperature. However, you can with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips for scooping.
*You can use store-bought guacamole, or make your own. To make your own, mash 2 avocados with the juice of 1 lime, 1 shallot, 1 clove of garlic, salt and pepper.